Advantages of 3M™ Air-Mate™ Breathing Tube Assembly
- Replacement part for Air-Mate powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) systems.
- Now NIOSH approved for use on certain 3M™ Versaflo PAPR systems (when using the BE-10 and BE-12 white hoods).
3M™ Air-Mate™ Breathing Tube Assembly BE-224 is a replacement part for 3M™ Air-Mate™ Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) systems.
This breathing tube assembly is a replacement part for Air-Mate powered air purifying respirator (PAPR) systems. Powered Air Purifying Respirators (PAPR) are motorized systems powered by a battery pack which draw air through a filter or cartridge to provide respiratory protection to the wearer. The blower unit can be mounted on the waist, face, or head, depending on the system selected.
Potential benefits include:
- Certain PAPR systems provide a higher level of respiratory protection than non-powered air filtering respirators
- Constant flow of air can provide cooling for the worker, resulting in greater comfort for the wearer
- Loose-fitting headgear options provide respiratory protection without the need for a tight faceseal or fit testing
- Battery-powered blower pulls the air through the filter resulting in no additional breathing resistance to the wearer