Advantages of 3M™ Neoprene Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 2141
- High performance adhesive forms strong bonds in as little as 15 minutes
- Adheres to neoprene, SBR, butyl, leather, vinyl and various rubbers
- Excellent fuel and oil resistance
- Heat and chemical resistant allows for use in unique and harsh environments
- Offers long tack range for precise placement
- Light yellow in appearance
3M™ Neoprene High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 2141 is an all-around reliable synthetic rubber adhesive best used in general industrial applications. It is used to bond materials to a variety of substrates including most metal, baked enamel, wood, plastics, neoprene, and various rubbers. It is a high strength adhesive with a light yellow appearance.
A Fast Strengthening Bond
With its high strength and long initial tack range, 3M™ Neoprene High Performance Rubber and Gasket Adhesive 2141 is an ideal choice for general rubber and gasket bonding purposes. Its bond forms strongly in fifteen minutes, and yet it provides ample time for the user to position parts correctly prior to the bond’s full setting. It brushes on easily, but can also be sprayed-on for quick, repeated, and precise application.
This solvent-type synthetic rubber adhesive features excellent resistance to water, oil and grease in a variety of unique and harsh industrial environments. It has proven to successfully bond neoprene, natural, reclaim SB-R and butyl rubber to most substrates. For best results, the temperature of the adhesive and the surfaces being bonded should be at least 65°F (18°C).
- Bonding rubber and gasketing materials
- Patching materials exposed to the outdoors
- Bonding fabric and leather to metal, wood and many plastic surfaces
|Unit of Measure
|Solids Weight Percent (approximate)