- Nylon strands break down easily for low-pressure applications and/or softer metals
- Moderately flexible backing works well on a file belt or backstand
- Non-woven open web construction is flexible and conforms to surface shape without altering, warping or discoloring the workpiece
- Non-woven material provides superior flexibility for detail work and contours
- Reduced loading and heat resistance allow extended operating time and consistent surface conditioning results
- Spring-like fibers enable conditioning and finishing in a single step, reducing process time
The Scotch-Brite™ PD Surface Conditioning Belt has a loftier web especially resistant to loading on soft and/or oily materials. It is ideal for cleaning and finishing softer metals such as aluminum, copper, and brass, as well as non-ferrous metals, and its thicker construction also achieves a highly uniform finish on stainless steel.
Loftier Material and Reinforced Backing Allows Single-Step Lightweight Cleaning and Finishing
Our Scotch-Brite™ PD Surface Conditioning Belt is a thicker, more springy version of our standard Scotch-Brite™ SC Surface Conditioning Belt. As with all Scotch-Brite™ abrasives, the open web material allows operators to clean and finish in a single step, reducing rework and boosting productivity. Made with nylon fibers that break more easily to access fresh mineral, the PD Surface Conditioning Belt is an excellent choice for low-pressure conditioning such as light grinding, cleaning, blending and cosmetic finishing applications. The reinforced scrim backing offers good flexibility whether you are using a file belt or backstand.
The Scotch-Brite™ Advantage
Non-woven technology makes Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives unique. A combination of fiber strands, resin, and abrasive mineral forms a thick, open web. The spring-like nature of the fibers responds to contours and effectively removes unwanted burrs, soils and contaminants while maintaining the geometry of the workpiece, which in turn reduces rework and boosts productivity. Gaps in the web allow swarf to escape, so debris does not clog the mineral. Fibers in the web continually break down with use to reveal fresh mineral for exceptional consistency, superior cut performance and extremely long service life. Scotch-Brite products may enhance productivity while reducing the need for cleaning chemicals and wire brushes. From aesthetic finishing to weld blending, deburring and more, Scotch-Brite abrasives work fast and deliver consistent results, part after part.