Advantages of 3M™ Advanced Particulate Filter
- NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles
- Versatile protection against certain oil and non-oil based particulate contaminants
- Nuisance odor relief for acid gas levels below the Permissible Exposure Level (PEL)
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M™ half and full facepieces and certain 3M™ Scott™ full facepieces
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs and training requirements
3M™ Advanced Particulate Filter 2297 is NIOSH approved for environments containing certain oil and non-oil based particles. Use with 3M™ Respirators 5000 Series or 3M™ Cartridges 6000 Series or 3M™ Filter Adapter 603, and 3M™ Filter Retainer 501.
When properly fitted, use with appropriate cartridges for various applications including spray painting, lacquering, petrochemical and chemical manufacturing, pesticide spraying and agriculture for concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with full facepieces. Full facepieces must be quantitatively fit tested to claim assigned protection factor above 10 in negative pressure mode. Use with 603 adapter if only particulate protection is required. Do not use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH).