Advantages of 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL
- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating (Class 1 requirements)
- Excellent caulk rate and sealant can be applied with conventional caulking equipment
- Exceptional weatherability for durability during construction
- Minimizes noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in STC 56-rated wall assembly)
- Formulated as a re-enterable and repairable solution
- Self-leveling formula is optimal for horizontal applications, eliminating the need for tooling
- Offers compression and extension capability of ±31% for dynamic and static construction joints
- Firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) and CAN/ULC S115
- Fire resistance tested for construction joint (including curtain wall) systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079), ASTM E 2307
- Single component sealer is ready to use with no mixing required
- Neutral cure – delivers higher adhesion with very little odor
- Halogen-free formula helps control spread of noxious gasses, smoke and flame
- Sealant is paintable with primer
3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is a self-leveling silicone sealant firestop that creates a flexible seal and resists moisture across floors and other horizontal surfaces. This ready-to-use, single component neutral cure firestop is tested to ASTM and UL standards to help control the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gasses.
Proven Protection against Fire, Moisture and Noise
Ideal for horizontal surfaces, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL provides up to 3-hour protection against the spread of fire, smoke and noxious gas when properly installed in tested and listed systems. This silicone sealant is perimeter fire barrier tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 2307, firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115 and Fire Resistance tested for construction joint systems in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079). It also resists moisture according to UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating – Class 1 requirements, minimizes noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly) and acts as a smoke seal for installations requiring the L-Rating. This product meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations. It also meets International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
- Dynamic and static construction joints
- Perimeter fire barrier system and curtain wall joints
- Firestop blank openings
- Penetrating items that pass through fire-rated floors
Delivering Benefits Right Out of the Container
You can apply this single-component silicone sealer using conventional caulking equipment with no mixing required. Its self-leveling formula virtually eliminates the need for tooling. The neutral cure silicone sealant cures through exposure to natural environmental humidity and provides excellent adhesion with very low odor. Once applied, 3M™ Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant 1003 SL is re-enterable, repairable and exhibits excellent weathering during construction which cuts down on time and rework.