Advantages of 3M™ Fire Block Sealant FB 136
- Tested as a Type V residential fire-block to ASTM E 84 (modified)
- Sealant requires no special handling for routine disposal
- Thixotropic material resists sag or run in vertical or overhead applications
- Durable caulk is heat-resistant (up to 2000°F/1093°C)
- Acts as a draft-stop to help reduce air infiltration
- Thermal insulator offers an R-Value of 4-5/inch (25.4 mm) typical
- FB-136 is ready-to-use (no mixing required)
- Tack-free in approximately 15 minutes
- Meets International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) Fireblocking Requirements
- Features minimal shrinkage to help ensure longevity
- Excellent adhesion that bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing
3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 is a one component, non-combustible draft, smoke and fire-blocking sealant, designed to resist high temperatures and smoke passage in nonrated construction. Use 3M Fire Block Sealant FB 136 to seal interior construction voids around wires, pipes, HVAC ducts and vents, in wood or steel framed non-rated construction.
Reliable and Tough Fire-Block
3M engineered 3M™ Fire Block FB 136 as a durable fire-block and draft-stop. This product seals, fills, insulates and bonds for non-rated residential and commercial construction. Ready-to-use, this fire-block is intended to resist the free passage of flame and by-products of combustion within a concealed space of a floor, ceiling or wall cavity, restricting the movement of air, fire and smoke. This fire-block is tested as a Type V commercial and residential fire-block to ASTM E 84 (modified) and acts as a draft-stop to help reduce air infiltration. This ready-to-use product is heat-resistant (up to 240°F/115°C).
3M™ Fire Block FB 136 is used to seal interior construction voids around:
- HVAC ducts
- Penetrations in non-rated wood or steel-framed construction
- Non-rated framing gaps and voids
- Seals and Protects
Seals and Protects
3M™ Fire Block FB 136 has been evaluated by the UL evaluation report ER9700-01 and complies with the International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC). This fire-block is tack-free in approximately 15 minutes and features minimal shrinkage and sag-resistant formulation to help ensure longevity, plus a halogen-free formula. This fire-block also provides excellent adhesion that bonds to concrete, brick, metals, wood, plastic and cable jacketing.