- Excellent for hard-to-grind materials
- Used for roll grinding and other applications where abrasive is supported by contact wheel or platen
- Diamond mineral abrasive provides fast, consistent cut
- Strong, low-stretch backing adds strength and resists stretching
- Metal bonded diamonds adds durability and long belt life
- Open dot construction helps minimize loading, prolonging abrasive service life
- Multiple patterns are available for applications where loading and stock removal are special concerns
We designed the 3M™ Flexible Diamond Belt 6451J to achieve a range of finishes on hard-to-grind materials, and is ideal for roll grinding and other applications where the abrasive is supported by a contact wheel or platen. It combines the strength of metal-bonded diamond abrasive with a premium low-stretch water resistant cloth backing to support tough roll grinding and wet grinding jobs.
Designed for Grinding Jobs Requiring Strength and Support
Built with diamond mineral and a low-stretch backing, 3M™ Flexible Diamond Belt 6451J is a smart choice for use on hard-to-grind surfaces including thermal sprays, carbides, composites, chilled iron, non-ferrous metals and glass.
Our Open Dot Pattern: What Does it Mean?
The open dot pattern on each 3M™ Flexible Diamond abrasive product means that the diamond mineral particles are adhered to the backing in a series of small dots. This is designed to provide aggressive cutting action while also allowing consistent space for evacuation of stock particles during use, helping reduce loading and prolonging the life of the abrasive surface without sacrificing cut rates.
3M™ Flexible Diamond Belt 6451J is available in three open dot patterns for a range of uses. Pattern 18 is a small dot pattern equating to 25 pellets per inch Our B2 Pattern has medium dots with 17 pellets per inch, and is designed to deliver an aggressive cutting action with improved coolant flow and increased swarf removal. Pattern 21 is offered for grades 250µ and 300µ only. It utilizes larger dots to assist in applications where high stock removal is required and loading is an issue. Generally, the smaller dot patterns will be the least aggressive and produce finer finishes, whereas the larger dot patterns will be more aggressive for stock removal.
- Designed for hard grinding applications with contact wheels or platens
- Roll grinding
- Wet grinding
Better Science for Better Sanding from 3M
Within the 3M portfolio of Superabrasives, our 3M™ Flexible Diamond Belt 6451J is an outstanding example of how 3M applies science to the lives of professionals in a range of specific industries where excellent grinding and finishing are critical. From its hard diamond mineral abrasive to its strong, supportive cloth backing, it is built by 3M to help businesses like yours operate faster, better and more efficiently.