Advantages of 3M™ PSA Cloth Roll 348D
- Tough, X-weight cloth backing offers excellent durability in sanding applications
- Aluminum Oxide abrasive cuts fast and provides a consistent, fine finish
- Resin bonding resists deterioration from heat, extending the life of the abrasive cloth
- Flexible cotton cloth conforms to contoured parts for consistent finishing
- Closed coat provides greater grain density and finer finish on hard surfaces
- PSA backing makes attachment and removal easy without leaving any sticky residue
3M™ PSA Cloth Roll 348D is an abrasive sanding cloth constructed on a heavy, x-weight cloth backing that features closed coat construction for finer sanding action. The aluminum oxide abrasive and tough backing make this cloth an ideal product for heavy applications such as aggressive surface sanding and stock removal. It also includes PSA backing for easy attachment and clean removal.
Tough Sanding Cloth
3M™ PSA Cloth Roll 348Dis best suited for metal sanding and finishing thanks to its durability and fast cutting abrasive material. Its heavy, x-weight cotton cloth backing provides smooth operation and durability and can conform to the shape of contoured parts for consistent finishing. The abrasive side features a closed coat for even finishing.
Aluminum Oxide Abrasive
Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral makes a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges, whereas traditional natural abrasives dull more quickly. Due to its fast cut-rate, hardness, and strength, it is widely used for sanding and finishing applications. Aluminum oxide is suitable for use on a wide variety of materials in metal and woodworking.
Heat Resistant and Fast Cutting
This cloth also uses a resin bonding which is specially designed to resist thermal and chemical deterioration, which can occur during sanding. This bond is very tough and excellent for precision work on hard and soft wood. This also allows for faster sanding and a higher cut rate. Closed coat construction features a dense spread of abrasive grains across the surface of the cloth. This design cuts fast, is ideal for deburring or producing a grain pattern and provides a consistent, fine finish.
|Unit of Measure