Benefits of 3M™ Flap Wheel 747D
- Ceramic aluminum oxide blend offers excellent cut rate and life for better performance
- X-weight cotton backing withstands aggressive sanding and grinding
- Resin bonding resists thermal and chemical deterioration for extended wheel life
- Abrasive flap design provides a soft and smooth cut on rounded or irregular surfaces
- Includes a grind-aid to provide cooler running on stainless-steel and other metals
3M™ Flap Wheel 747D Is designed for light grinding, blending, deburring, and polishing on a variety of metals. Ceramic abrasive covered flaps conform to the work piece and provide a smooth clean finish.
Mixed Ceramic Abrasive
Each flap on the 3M™ Flap Wheel 747D is covered with a ceramic abrasive mix, which was designed using a proprietary process to enhance toughness and hardness of the grain. For increased performance, this mix features aluminum oxide blended with 3M ceramic grain to create a harder, longer-lasting abrasive. Perfect for light to moderate stock removal, ceramic abrasives are engineered to cut fast and handle intense heat and stress applications. Ceramic/aluminum oxide blend surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in cut-rate and durability and makes it an excellent choice for moderate stock removal and surface preparation.
High Quality Construction
The abrasive mix is attached to a flexible cotton backing using a resin bond. This resin bonding material is specially designed to resist thermal and chemical deterioration, which can occur during high speed sanding. This bond is very hard which allows for faster cuts and a higher cut rate. This wheel also includes a grinding aid for cooler running on stainless steel. Each flap uses an X-weight cotton backing, which provides a tough, but flexible surface that bends to fit any work piece. As the wheel is used, the self-cutting flaps wear away to expose sharp, new abrasive material, assuring that surfaces are sanded consistently throughout the life of the wheel.
|Unit of Measure|
|Previous 3M Stock Number|