Advantages of Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc
- GREAT FOR LOW-MEDIUM PRESSURE: Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc built for consistency in blending, cleaning, deburring, finishing, grinding, polishing, radiusing, refining and surface preparation
- CONFORMABLE NONWOVEN WEB: Springy nonwoven fibers resist loading and conform to irregular or contoured surfaces
- WORKS ON A RANGE OF METALS: Great for use on aluminum, mild steel, nickel alloy, stainless steel and titanium
- QUICK AND EASY ATTACHMENT: Hook and loop backing makes for easy disc attachment, removal and re-attachment
- CHOOSE YOUR MINERAL: Super Fine grade is powered by super-sharp silicon carbide that excels in low-pressure and fine finishing applications, while all other grades feature harder and more durable aluminum oxide
- AVAILABLE IN A RANGE OF GRADES: Choose from Super Fine (SFN), Very Fine (VFN), Medium (MED) and Coarse (CRS) to fit your application needs
3M Scotch-Brite™ Surface Conditioning Disc comes in a wide variety of grades and sizes. It is an ideal first-step for cleaning, blending, deburring, and finishing. Durable, non-woven fiber construction conforms well on irregular or contoured surfaces without undercutting or damaging the base material.
The open-web material runs cool and resists loading to enable prolonged operation while evenly distributed aluminum oxide abrasives produce a high cut-rate for consistent finishing.
A Cut Above
This Surface Conditioning Disc uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
About JAM Industrial Supply of Ohio
Locally owned and operated in Canton, Ohio, JAM Industrial Supply, LLC has excelled as a 3M Strategic Distributor and industrial supplier for over 20 years. With our vast network of vendors, we supply the industry’s best products, information, delivery, and prices to our customers.
|Unit of Measure