- Heavy-duty, cross directional, high strength tape for bundling, reinforcing and pallet unitizing applications
- Bi-directionally fiberglass reinforced tape provides cut and tear resistance in machine direction and cross direction
- Synthetic rubber adhesive bonds easily to most surfaces with high initial adhesion
- Transparency provides clear visibility of box graphics, printing and illustrations
- Able to withstand rough shipping and handling conditions
3M Scotch® Bi-Directional Filament Tape 8959 is a high strength, general purpose, clear fiberglass-reinforced tape with a synthetic rubber resin adhesive ideal for heavy box closure and cross web splicing. This tape resists center-seam splitting in RSC box closure applications. Synthetic rubber resin adhesive provides high adhesion to most surfaces.
Bi-Directional Reinforcement for Added Strength
Constructed with continuous fiberglass yarns in both the longitudinal and transverse directions, Scotch® Bi-Directional Filament Tape 8959 provides cut edge protection and resists abrasion and splitting. A synthetic rubber adhesive provides high initial adhesion and holds well with minimum rub-down on most surfaces. The backing, filaments and adhesive combine to provide high tensile and shear strength compared to general purpose tapes. It allows for printing and illustrations to be seen through the tape. This tape holds under a wide range of application conditions with a minimum amount of tape, leading to lower cost for applications where high tensile strength is a main requirement.
- Heavy box closure
- Cross web splicing
|Unit of Measure|
|Units Per Case|
|Tensile Strength Lb/in (n/100mm)|
|Adhession Strength Oz/in (n/100mm)|
|Previous 3M Stock Number|