- Rubber adhesive provides instant adhesion and resists lifting or curling for sharp paint lines
- Smooth mini-crepe paper backing conforms and maintains integrity when formed around a corner
- Clean removal from many surfaces following multi-bake or high temperature bake
- Strong backing is easy to tear, yet resists slivering and provides one-piece removal
- Controlled unwind dispenses evenly to help tape more consistently
3M™ Paint Masking Tape 231/231A is a premium high-performance crepe paper masking tape designed to perform well in most industrial painting situations, including the use of multiple bake cycles. The smooth masking tape embodies all the features that are desirable in a paint masking tape and is designed specifically for professional painters in the aerospace and automotive market.
The natural rubber adhesive of this tape sticks instantly and allows fast application along with reliable holding power that resists lifting. 3M™ Paint Masking Tape 231/231A demonstrates excellent adhesive transfer resistance with clean removal that helps reduce labor and cleanup. Its smooth mini-crepe backing provides excellent surface contact and is also solvent and moisture resistant to minimize bleed-through. A special backside treatment provides a smooth unwind for easy handling and reduced waste. It is easy to tear, which aids in handling, yet strong enough to resist slivering, providing user-friendly one-piece removal.
3M™ Paint Masking Tape 231/231A is conformable for easy masking around corners, over irregular surfaces, and offers easy handling that reduces application time. As a professional grade masking tape, it has the benefit of paint flake resistance that reduces contamination and potential rework, resulting in a professional paint job. This tape can be certified to ASTM D-6123 (replaces obsolete PPP-T-42C, Type I, (CID-A-A-883B)).