Advantages of 3M™ Elite Self-Generated Vacuum Random Orbital Sander
- Precision-balanced steel workings and powerful air driven motors run smoothly with less vibration, ideal for high production industrial environments
- Improved durability, ergonomics and noise level maximize comfort and control for prolonged use
- Pneumatic power exceeds the capability of standard electric sanders, supplying hours of continual use
- HEPA rated Clean Sanding Filter Bags eliminate the need for vacuum hose and improve operator ease of use
- Aluminum body and durable composite cover reduce cracked housings and downtime
- Composite cover to prevent crack housings
3M™ Elite Self-Generated Vacuum Random Orbital Sanders feature a self-generated vacuum (SGV) and deliver professional, dust-free performance and a swirl-free finish, hour after hour in high-production industrial environments where dust extraction is required.
3M™ Elite Self-Generated Vacuum Random Orbital Sanders are 3M best-in-class tools designed to optimize the performance of 3M™ abrasives. Built with a powerful, precision-balanced air-driven motors and durable lightweight aluminum housing, these ergonomically designed workhorses stand up to industrial production and reduce user fatigue for hours of comfortable operation.
The Elite SGV sander is an integral part of the 3M™ Clean Sanding System made up of the SGV tool, Clean Sanding disc pad, and Clean Sanding disc (sold separately), engineered to effectively eliminate dust from the workpiece and surrounding space. It uses the inlet air to create its own venturi vacuum that extracts the dust from the work surface and expels it through a wide collection port on the back of the tool into a filter bag. The 3M™ Clean Sanding Filter Bag included with the tool achieves superior HEPA-rated dust collection. It does this with an air filter inside the bag that locks dust away and effectively retains it for disposal.
High Performance, Superior Ergonomics
Designed with the operator in mind, 3M™ Elite Series Random Orbital Sanders have many ergonomic features that decrease work strain and improve productivity.
Wrist and hand support
- Extended curved wrist rest reduces stress on hand and wrist and provides additional leverage
- Recessed lever platform eliminates pinch and pressure points on the operator’s palm
- The rubber grip absorbs and reduces vibration and features 3M™ Gripping Material for a stronger grip and more control with less effort
- Durable composite cover extends to the base to absorb vibration and keeps tools in service by preventing cracked housings
Enhanced safety features:
- Internal muffler protects operator hearing and will not break off
- Convenient thumb-controlled speed dial reduces inadvertent speed changes