Advantages of 3M™ Formaldehyde Monitor 3721+B
- State of the Art Monitor Design
- Simple, cost-effective and convenient
- A valid method for air sampling and analysis of formaldehyde and certain other aldehydes
- Easy to use. Just clip the monitor to shirt lapel, collar, or pocket
- Unobtrusive. Monitors are small and lightweight and will not interfere with employee activities.
- Documentation for industrial hygienists and IH labs available upon request
- Analysis is not included.
3M™ Formaldehyde Monitor 3721+ is a cost-effective and convenient way to perform personal air sampling for formaldehyde and certain other aldehydes. It is easy to use – clip it to your shirt lapel, collar, or pocket without interfering with your work activities. No batteries, hoses or pumps or needed to use the monitor to sample your air.
Knowing the specific contaminant and exposure levels is important to determine the appropriate respirator and cartridge for your work environment. This information will also help in estimating the life of selected 3M™ Cartridges. 3M™ Formaldehyde Monitor 3721+ uses diffusion, rather than a pump, to collect an air sample with an accuracy of +/-25% at a 95% confidence level for certain aldehydes found as workplace contaminants. It has fiberglass coated with 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine (DNPH) for easy collection of aldehydes and is typically used in health care, laboratories, and in the chemical, pulp/paper, foundry and textile industries. After following all instructions, send the monitor to be analyzed in the lab of your choice. This monitor has a 1-year shelf life from its production date.