Advantages of 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 4380
- Conformable tape resists flame, moisture, weather, UV degradation and many chemicals
- Thermally conductive tape reflects and dissipates radiant heat to protect heat sensitive components or surfaces
- Malleable foil conforms well to irregular shapes and surfaces
- Low moisture vapor transmission rate offers excellent sealing and patching performance
- Good aging performance both indoors and outdoors
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 4380 is a self-wound, general purpose, aluminum foil backed tape combined with a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. This tape is ideal for general purpose sealing, holding, splicing or masking applications requiring the protection from heat or flame offered by a foil backing.
Protect Sensitive Parts From Heat and Flame
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 4380 is a general purpose, aluminum foil tape comprised of a 2.0 mil dead soft aluminum foil backing and a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive. This tape is malleable and conforms well to uneven, curved or irregular surfaces. The aluminum backing offers and excellent reflective surface and is thermally and heat conductive for heating and cooling efficiency. It reflects light to enhance lighting efficiency and resists flame, moisture, weather, dust, UV degradation and many chemicals to provide long-lasting durability.
- General use holding, patching and sealing applications
- Light reflecting
- Heat shielding applications
- Moisture and vapor barrier
- Thermal conducting
All Around Performance Under a Wide Range of Temperatures
3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 4380 is coated with a pressure sensitive acrylic adhesive designed to bond to a broad range of substrates. This tape adheres immediately upon contact and can perform under a wide spectrum of temperatures ranging from -30°F/-34°C to 300°F/149°C. Due to its low moisture transmission rate, this tape offers excellent sealing and patching performance. 3M™ Aluminum Foil Tape 4380 is UL 723 approved.
|Previous 3M Stock Number|
|Units Per Case|
|Adhesion To Steel Oz/in (n/100mm)|
|Back Thickness Metric|
|Operating Temperature Range (celsius)|
|Operating Temperature Range (fahrenheit)|
|Tensile Strength Lb/in (n/100mm)|
|Unit of Measure|