Advantages of Scotch-Brite™ Bristle Disc
- Molded, abrasive-filled bristles strip, deburr, blend, finish, polish, clean, and remove coatings more effectively, with less pressure than wire brushes
- Proprietary 3M™ Ceramic Abrasive Grain provides aggressive cutting and consistent finish quality throughout the life of the disc
- Flexible bristles require less pressure than wire brushes and conform to contours, even on complex parts
- Bristle spacing is ideal for coating removal and other high-loading substances
- Contains no wire filaments for improved safety
Scotch-Brite™ Bristle Disc, using ceramic abrasive grain and molded, flexible bristles, provides more surface contact than wire brushes and maintains abrasive property throughout the life of the disc. The fast-running disc removes paint, stains, adhesives, weld burns, rust, heavy oxides, and surface contaminants from large areas.
3M designs Scotch-Brite™ Bristle Disc to last longer than wire and other abrasive discs. It works well on aluminum, brass, bronze, carbon steel, cast iron, stainless steel, and other metals. You can use it for general industrial, aerospace, automotive, metalworking, transportation, and automotive applications. Under normal use, the flexible bristles remain safely in place and can achieve the desired finish using light pressure.
3M chose 3M™ ceramic aluminum oxide blend, which is a ceramic mineral designed using their propietary process to enhance toughness and hardness of the grain for a higher level performance. 3M engineers their ceramic aluminum oxide blend to fracture frequently and surpasses aluminum oxide abrasives in both cut-rate and durability. It is perfect for moderate to heavy stock removal as well as finishing. 3M builds ceramic abrasives to cut fast and handle intense heat and stress applications.
Scotch-Brite™ industrial abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibers.