Benefits of Scotch-Brite™ General Purpose Hand Pad 7447B
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other nonwoven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, de-nibs, and de-fuzzes
- Suitable for use on wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, rubber, or composites
- Reusable pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces
3M’s Scotch-Brite™ General Purpose Hand Pad 7447B combines flexibility with effective cutting action and precise hand control to accomplish tough cleaning jobs or produce fine finishing results, use after use. Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasives cut fast and fine, leaving a smooth, finished surface. Suitable for use on a wide variety of materials and for many different tasks.
High Performance Hand Pads
The performance of Scotch-Brite™ General Purpose Hand Pad 7447 is comparable to steel wool grade 1. However, unlike steel wool, Scotch-Brite™ pads won’t shred during use, rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water or solvents, and rinsed clean for reuse. This multipurpose 6 x 9″ pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.
This maroon hand pad uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals specifically because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use. On the other hand, traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral shines in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
About JAM Industrial Supply of Ohio
Locally owned and operated in Canton, Ohio, JAM Industrial Supply, LLC has been a 3M Strategic Distributor and industrial supplier for over 20 years. With our vast network of vendors, we are able to supply the industry’s best products, information, delivery, and prices to our customers.